PBEUK1

This weekend saw the inaugural Punk Bike Enduro UK, organised by Jon Bateman and hosted at Jon and Ju’s house in North Yorkshire.

Friday saw a 6 hour drive up in bad weather with Gary, we finally arrived at 22:30, the first beer only lasted 5 minutes. Steady drinking saw us through until 3am when sleep finally took over.

Saturday was the main event, a ride around Dalby Forest, complete with challenges, and beer. After 6 hours of riding, and events including trackstands, DH time trials, hill climbs, tricky descents, races, and plenty of beer drinking, we were ready to declare the winners.

In first places was everyone, we were all winners, Tom Levell was an extra-special winner as he did the entire ride with a Bob trailer full of beer and cake. Even with that, he still came 3rd in the downhill race.

The winners in full:

1: Andy Armstrong
1: Craig Woodhouse
1: Dave Anderson
1: Gary Hill
1: Jon Bateman
1: Jon Woodhouse
1: Matt Booth
1: Rich Wood
1: Simon Barnes
1: Steve Makin
1: Tom Levell

Also present were Sara, Debs and Jools, Becca, and Ju, although they didn’t ride on the Saturday.

Saturday night consisted mainly of curry and beer. No bad thing really.

Sunday was meant to be a long ride up on the moors, I declined to take part as I was a bit stiff from Saturdays riding, and didn’t fancy a long ride before the 270 mile drive home. However due to excessive faffing, and people getting lost, the ride ended up being a couple of shorter loops. It sounds like I missed out on a fun day. The drive home was uneventful, and thankfully 90 minutes quicker than the drive up.

Thanks to Jon and Ju for organising everything, and keeping us fed for the weekend. Same again next year?

18 Responses to PBEUK1

Oh, Jen mentioned inviting people up(?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) for a weekend shebang at some point (Grantstock 2004.2 or Grantstock 2005.1?)and ……………….also mentioned something party-like at new year. I told her she was crazy.

So, New Year in Scotland, Bruv? ;-)

Sounds good to me.

[runs away screaming]

Will have to have a think. Jen keeps talking about some sort of thing at New Year (drinking and new-years day riding), I keep saying that most people won’t come because they have lives at that time of year (well, all the non-single people anyway!).

As for Grantstock 2004.2/2005.1, I can see it happening for sure. Mr Brough is always up for something too (FNAR!) so I think a good weekend could be planned incl a Blairadam Blast and some sort of 7Stanes action and a bit of beer and sleeping on floors.

Northumberfest, sorry, Cumfest 2005 will be in February, won’t it? Will plan around that.

No plans for New Year, and lots of holiday booked, but then I don’t have a life :)

I guess G’Fest will be end of Feb or early March next year.

Maybe we need a scottish Grantstock, and a French Grantstock next summer.

5. Olly says:

And a Canadiadian grantstock too ;-)

you off to canadiandiland?

We briefly discussed moving Grantstock 2005 to Whistler. Might have to investigate prices.

Matt, it’s not like I’m going to bother inviting you, seeing as you never turn up to anything I organise. :-)

Right, going out on a limb……provisionally pencil in New Year. :-$ I’ll double check with the boss, in the off chance that she was just pretending. I’ll then fore something round (JonB style!) shortly.

I wonder if The Hub is open on New Year’s day? ;-)

Oh, Grantstock@Whistler will probably cost about

Maybe we’ll try the Alps first then.

DaveA has a website as well (http://www.theworldofdave.com), just Steve and Gary that need sorting out :^)

No idea what I’m doing for new year but I’m likely to be on the South coast which is a fair distance from Scottishland :^(

Ta. I knew he had one somewhere, but couldn’t remember where.

my sister’s in the Alps for NY.

14. Olly says:

But new york isn’t in the alps.

Surely I would have spotted it?