Cross race

There was a local cyclo cross race today up at the BMX track, so I took the opportunity to have a proper play with the new camera. I ended up taking nearly 200 pictures, some of which were better than others. I think an external flash unit would be a good idea, along with a proper camera bag. A Crumpler one looks a likely candidate if I can just work out which size I need.

Cyclo Cross race pictures.

12 Responses to Cross race

Some nice pics there Rich. This one is pretty cool…

External flashes are loads better than the built in one although I still don’t really know how to use mine properly and I’ve lost the instructions!

You weren’t tempted to race then?

I think I’d have died if I tried to race. Besides, it sort of turned into a Future Publishing race so I’d have been a bit out of place :)

There was one today in Glenrothes (was going to race the Kona for a laugh) but I had the Blairadam mapping arranged already.

Yeah, external flah would improve your shots a load, plus when you do inside stuff you can bounce it off things and all that jazz.

No ebay bargains? (I suspect they get snapped up for silly money anyway)

If you can avoid customs charges?

So you’d not buy it from 7dayshop then?
    I thought you were thinking about it, and might have forgotten about customs jumping on stuff posted from them..

my head hurts.

They now charge VAT up front, so there are no customs duty to pay.

AH right, there you go then :0)

9. Mike D says:

I like the finish line one with the flag, and the one before it with two different bits of the course in the same shot. And there’s one of Michael Wilkens (on the pink Boreas) going away from the camera in the woods that’s pretty cool ;-)

Some of them could do with some judicious cropping. I was all out of Round Tuits at the time though.