Engage brain before opening mouth

I rang Ian earlier to sort out tonights ride, or more precisely, the fact that there wouldn’t be a ride tonight. However my brain went on strike for a moment and I somehow agreed to go for a road ride at 6.

I rode with a couple of guys from work again last night, we did the usual North Stoke route with a different climb to start with. Another local riding group rode past us as headed off into the distance as we stood at the side of the steep off-road climb. The descent from North Stoke to Swineford was a lot wetter than usual for some reason, but it made it a bit more interesting. As per usual, we finished off with a pint in the pub.

6 Responses to Engage brain before opening mouth

1. alex says:

No one has left any comments for you since monday….
    poor richie

Huh? I left a comment on Tuesday :)

Lovely ride in the sun this evening, had a beer at the top of the main climb as well. Ace.

I did 26 miles on the road bike. I would have done more but I wimped out of the long climb up to Timsbury and headed back towards home instead.

Very sensible. 26 miles is more than enough for an evening road ride :)

I had no beer on my ride last night.. or this morning.

6. Andy_S says:

Yes, tis him from ‘that other local group’. Twas nice to meet the elusive Rich and co at last.

I think the XC whippets at the front were playing to the audience on the climb a bit – a blistering ride due to the pace and the heat. Managed to slow them down a bit in the end. Nice view of the sunset from Kelston Round Hill at the end before we dropped back into Weston..