Summer is seemingly over

As summer is seemingly over, I went out and bought myself some light full-fingered gloves for the new cooler weather. I also did a complicated deal with Ian which should mean I’ll also be getting a set of black Oakley Half Jacket XLJs with Black Iridium and Persimmon lenses to replaced my aging and somewhat battered Smiths.

A Chew Valley ride is scheduled for tomorrow morning. It’ll be only my second proper ride in three weeks, and Ians first, so I suspect it’ll be slow and painful. Weather permitting I’llI fit another ride in sometime on Monday.

8 Responses to Summer is seemingly over

Wow! we’ve almost replacing the same glasses for the same glasses.. I’ll be getting some HJ XLJ’s in spring.. probably with G30 lenses… probably white frames.

2. Father says:

Does ‘complicated’ mean ‘expensive’?

Hopefully not.

I should in theory get the extra lenses for free, and possibly save a few quid as well.

WOO!
    I want pink lenses for mine. and some blue ones (so I can swap them to match my bikes.. oh that’s sad innit :) )

Very sad Matt :)

Mainly glorious sunshine riding around Dalby yesterday with Jon, could feel a bit of a nip in the air when the sun hid behind clouds for a bit though. I will have to find all of my winter biking clothes as it won’t be long until I need them :(

I sorted my winter clothing out yesterday. Cleaned my winter boots today, erm… almost poinlessly as they have two massive holes in them.. need new ones.

7. Father says:

Are the holes at the top? Are they where you put your feet? I know it’s been a long hot summer but if you think back to when you last wore them it might all come back to you!

Thanks Rich’s Father, that;s very handy (feety) info.