Creak, creak, creak

Yet another road ride tonight. Despite the fact that I thought I’d fixed the creaking from the rear wheel, it’s back again which is mildly annoying. I only did 16 miles in the end on a pretty similar route to last Friday. Some of the Saltford Pavé is gone which was nice, but it had been replaced with freshly laid tarmac which felt like I was riding on treacle.

I’ve got an early start at work tomorrow, so I really ought to be a good boy tonight and go to bed nice and early. I suspect there’s no chance of that happening though.

9 Responses to Creak, creak, creak

Creaks are annoying. I am slowly erradicating them on my road and CX bikes. Seems to be a never ending task!

The League of Gentleman’s Apocalypse is on film4 tonight, think I will watch that. Dunno if it’s any good or not.

LoG is rubbish.

My roadbike’s not too happy at the moment, back end slides around corners, gears make a lot of noise.. annouing clank from somewhere… bhaa

Your back end shouldn’t slide unless you have a shit tyre, or low pressures and it’s the tyre rolling on the rim.

Without a Trace and Rebus for me tonight I think, with the last bottle of Sierra Nevada Summerfest.

My back end locks up very easily. Probably because the rusty brake cable takes a bit too much force to get it to move :)

SN Summerfest is nice. I only have 1664. I don’t care if LoG is rubbish, I’m going to watch it anyway. You probably don’t like it because it’s not a chickflick Matt.

Ture presssure high.. just felt all wrong, possibly the wheel’s dying… only a few more rides until it’s packed away for winter.

I never liked the LoG show.

7. Gary says:

After a little fiddling with my road bike at the weekend I traced my annoying creak to a lack of tension in the quick release on the front wheel. Might be worth a fiddle if the new wheels came with new skewers – my silly light Tune skewers seem to need to be quite tight to avoid creaks.

8. Steve says:

My back end is locked solid too, looks like Weetabix for breakfast tomorrow.