Should have worn arm warmers

It’s getting chilly out in the evenings now.

For the first time in quite a while I took the Langster out for a spin tonight. Since it last left the house it’s gained a new chain, so the drive train is now blissfully quiet. I’m not sure how long that will last though. Having not ridden a fixed gear bike for a while it was noticable that whilst I could comfortably spin along on the flat at 19mph, I was stuggling as soon as I had to grind slowly up a hill. More practice is obviously needed.

Coming back down into Saltford and into town it actually got a bit chilly, arm warmers or a long sleeved top might have been a good idea.

8 Responses to Should have worn arm warmers

I went out for a short road ride at about 5:30pm, still warm enough for shorts and tee. I’m still waiting for a hub for my fixie :(

Should have forks for the Unit in the next week or so though :)

I thought you’d got some Magura ones for it a few weeks ago?

I couldn’t get them until Ag had bought replacements (which are now on the way)

I just got home when the sun was setting last night, still trying to work out how to ride a bike with gears, the whole bike feels odd (probably not helped by too short a stem and narrow tyres),, was close to dark when I got home, warm though.

What size stem did you use when you borrowed the bike from me?

No idea, simon.
    i can just steal the one from the chameleon or maybe the kona has a longer stem,, the bike rides OK, but it’s certainly a little light on the front.

conversily the chameleon felt weird this evening.

Very very windy today. I nearly got blown off the pike.

I didn;t bother going up there, I’d had enough after stuggling along to the riding school, and my heart’s not into riding at the mo.