The quote arrived to replace my kitchen window today, so I tried to ring the insurance company to make a claim. Somewhat easier said than done.
After hunting around to find where I’d hidden last years policy documents I tried to ring the number listed for claims, only to find that it was an invalid number, they’d left a vital "9" out. Once I’d found an older policy to check the number, I got through to someone only to discover they couldn’t actually find my policy on the computer system. They’ve got details of the one that starts next week, but not the one that’s actually current. They can’t log the claim against the only listed policy as obviously the claim is being made before the policy actually takes effect.
Someone we managed to log the details somewhere, and apparently someone will call me back to sort things out, but I’m not going to hold my breath.