Pimp my TriCross part 2

So far the TriCross has gained a new Easton Havoc seatpost, and a Surly Tuggnut chain tug.

The seatpost is a bit burlier than necessary, but it’s what was in stock when I popped into the shop. It’s certainly unlikely to break anytime soon. The Tuggnut came from Charlie the Bike Monger after Tim had run out. It fits perfectly, looks pimpy, and more importantly has enough adjustment to actually work properly unlike the old On-One one I was using.

I’m awaiting a price from the local reseller for a set of Paul Components brakes in the classic Neo-Retro front, Touring rear configuration.

Most importantly, I’ve turned the back tyre round so it matches the front one. It was "backward" because I turned the wheel round to run the bike fixed.

It’s built

The Tricross is now fully built up, although a few things need changing. I’ve taken the silly bar top levers off, however this means that the cable outers aren’t contiguous and don’t work too well, I’ll try and get a couple on in-line cable adjusters to go in there tomorrow.

I’m not a great fan of the brake levers either, they are a bit pointy and not overly comfortable. I’d swap them with the nice levers from the Langster except that means fitting cantis instead of the v-brakes.

I need to swap the bars for the Bell Laps from the Langster, but I’ll probably try and tie that in with a brake replacement.

I found a spare 18T fixed sprocket to sort the drivetrain out, however I’ve left the 18T freewheel in place for the moment.

There are a pair of cheap SPDs fitted at the moment which were meant to go on the Ribble, I’ll swap them for the nice ones off of the Langster when I get a chance.

I’ve taken it for a quick test ride up the road and back which is about all my ribs can cope with today, and it feels really nice.

Photos tomorrow (probably).

It’s here.

The TriCross has been collected and unboxed. It looks even nicer in real life than it does on the website.

I’m just waiting to see if the shop have any canti brakes in before I put it together properly. It definately going to need the bars and stem swapping at some point so that I can fit my lights to it as none of them will fit oversize bars.