Free money

A cheque for £160 fell through my door today courtesy of the Portman/Nationwide merger. Now I could stick it in the bank and use it to pay for the other half of the TriCross, or I could put it towards a new iPod. I’m toying with getting a 160GB iPod Classic at the moment, however despite slagging them off initially due to the high price and low capacity, I find myself strangely drawn to a 16GB iPod Touch. Fortunately for my wallet, neither of them are available in the shops at the moment.

This entry was posted in Misc. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Free money

wait til xmas for a 32gb touch.

I’d buy one if they could show me what’s on the tele from any room in the house, but they can’t.

and i don’t need one.

2. rich says:

I’m not sure the 32GB ones will appear that quickly. I’d like to be proved wrong though.

IMO it needs a mail client and proper calendar as well really.

3. Steve says:

I’d expect more than a touch for £160.

4. rich says:

A happy finish as well?

5. Alex says:

You want to at least get them to stay for the night for £160. I’d haggle and get the new Apple FullWorksCompleteWithBreakfast-Pod.

Saying that, i love my iPod. I found a aux connector in my car so i can listen to it wherever i go now :)

6. Olly says:

I’m facing the same dilemma. I’m leaning towards the Touch at the moment, though I wish it had more capacity. Oh, it doesn’t have a disk mode either – it’s a media player / web browser and that’s it (until it’s h@xx0r3d.

“IMO it needs a mail client and proper calendar as well really.”

then no one would buy the iphone

however, sometime someone somewhere will manage to hack the touch and get these things installed, but it’s not happening as fast as previous apple hacking, so who knows.

It would be super ace if it were like an iPhone without the phone and the ridiculous dataplan. It’ll never be done by apple though, too much money to be made from revenue sharing with the telecom companies.