Currently the winter bike options, in no particular order, look as follows:
- Singular Osprey (XL, frame and forks) = £510-£730 depending on whether I go for the chromed version or not, the 1" headset still puts me off a bit though.
- Enigma Ethos (59, frame only) = £925
- Enigma Etape (59xl, frame only) = £1199
- Shand Skinnymalinky (Large) = £960 (frame) £140 (matching fork)
- Kinesis Tk3/Tk2/T2 (63cm) = £various – the only aluminium option on the list.
- Surly Pacer (60cm, frame and forks) = £350 – the cheap option
At this rate I’ll probably just end up riding the Ribble until it breaks.